I was told of the benefits fo chlorella and the first thing i thought of as i was being told was “what is this”
“Chlorella is a fresh water, single-celled algae that grows in fresh water. Because Chlorella is a microscopic organism, it was not discovered until the late 19th century, deriving its name from the Greek, “chloros” meaning green and “ella” meaning small. In fact that chlorella contains the highest amount of chlorophyll of any known plant” Herbswisdom.com
Chlorella has five important factors and health benefits;
1. Rich In Chlorophyll – chlorophyll, contained in plants and has a powerful cleansing agent.
2. Rich In Protein – Chlorella is one of the highest natural sources of protein compared to most plant based sources such as rice. Around 60% rich in protein which helps synthesis the bodies matabolism.
3. Rich In Nucleic Acids – key RNA and DNA factors that help protect every cell and raise energy levels.
4. Rich In Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) – This famous key factor can help speed up the bodies natural rejuvenation and natural restoration process.
5. Rich in Vitamins, Minerals, Enzymes, Antioxidants It is an excellent source of iron and vitamin B12.
Not only does this super nutrient help in the aid of weight loss and increase in imunetity properties it helps mothers with there breastfeeding. It is found that those taking chlorella had increased levels of IgA, the body’s natural defense antibodies which help protect babies.
Super nutirent is a good name for this plant algae not does it have all of the above it is high in fibre to which has the ability to result in the decrease of food craving, and it enhances the feelings of being full,chlorella also is able to help with the production of red blood cells in our body. Which in turn has its benefits we need red blood cells to transport our oxygen to help with muscle growth as we train, which in turn burns our fat. Thus improving our metabolism, so in all chlorella is that unknown super nutrient that benefits us all and can be classed as a supper nutrient in its own right.
By Pete Greene
Pete is a former Royal Marnie and now a Personal Trainer at Liverpool Personal Training Studios.